Friday, December 3, 2010

Ink


(Please click on the title for a reading aloud by the author.)

There’s nothing like ink on paper.

The big news is my first literary essay to be published in print “Bluebird Feathers,” will appear in the winter 2010 issue of Pilgrimage, a literary quarterly from Pueblo, Colorado.

A couple of years ago my writing was about things automotive and getting published regularly in Drive and Roundel magazines. Then Drive, my big customer, went belly up. While it was great writing for the magazine, it’s demise pushed me out of familiar territory; I kicked and screamed about it for a while until I figured out it was a good thing. Sorry Jay and Satch (my editors), but cars I discovered just aren’t that interesting.

Ok, the V12 BMW 850 CSi was interesting. At full song I admit, it was very interesting.

Nonetheless I encourage you to visit Pilgrimage Press’s web site at www.pilgrimagepress.org and subscribe. It’s a great magazine, one of the few I read cover to cover. Many thanks.

Gordon Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment